Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving Traditions

Every family has its Thanksgiving traditions. 

I start with sending texts to the kids asking what they want for the meal. The requests don't change, but I ask every year.


Then comes the list making...


My grandma's pumpkin bread recipe is a favorite and someone always takes a slice when it's right out of the oven.


The stuffing always gets made in a huge mixing bowl that my dad brought home when the restaurant closed at the Sears store he managed.


Dinner gets set out on the table. My mom is always washing the dishes up until dinner is served. That way there isn't a big pile of dishes to wash after the meal.


On Saturday after Thanksgiving, I make soup from the turkey carcass. I boil those bones and the meat falls right off, add some veggies and noodles, and then freeze a few jars for easy meals in the upcoming busy Christmas season.






No comments:

Post a Comment