Monday, September 30, 2013

The Road Less Taken

Wanderlust can be satisfied by taking a road less traveled. The other day, I went downtown to have lunch with my dear friend, Annette. On my way home, I cut through the South Park neighborhood and saw a sign for SPUG, aka South Park Urban Garden. I'm all for community gardens. It's one way of bringing neighbors together...digging in the dirt, watching the fruits (or vegetables) of labor growing, looking out for each other's gardens, trading vegetables..."I'll give you this bunch of chard for 3 of your tomatoes."

Those spur-of-the moment decisions are what satisfies wanderlust. If I had not decided to turn off of Warren Street onto a side street, I never would have come across SPUG. Gotta listen to that little voice!

This is the sign that caught my eye and made me pull a U-turn to go back and investigate

The fall garden plantings

A garden guardian ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment