Friday, January 25, 2013

Blog Titles

While researching how to start a blog, one of the constant pieces of advice was to have a focus: What do you want your blog to be about? 

Oh my...blog about ONE thing? I love to travel, cook, read, drink wine, hike, vegetable garden. I'm adjusting to empty-nesting and reinventing my life after being a full time mom and having kids around for 25 years. I'm a word nerd...I love word origins, plays on words, having fun with words. The list goes on and on. 

Figuring out a blog title took a LONG time. At first it was going to be called "The Whole Kit and Caboodle...Plus the Kitchen Sink." Why this title you ask? It encompassed the idea of writing about lots of different topics.


Word nerd talking here and going off on a little tangent...The origin of kit and caboodle appears to be English. Soldiers carried a kit bag that held everything they needed, kind of like an overnight bag. Caboodle didn't start out as caboodle. Its original form was "boodle," meaning a group, bunch, lot, pack, or collection of things or people. Kit and caboodle may have originated with the idea of bringing along one's bag and friends and anything else one could think to bring. This title almost won out but it didn't.

You know how ideas can come in that hazy, fuzzy time when you're sleepy? That's when House Dust and Wanderlust found me. 

So my blog focus...adventures in everyday life. 

House dust...it's an everyday thing. "House" is also part of my last name. 

Wanderlust...always dreaming about that next adventure, whether it's local or even a little bigger than that.

And word nerd that I am, dust and wanderlust rhyme.

So there you have it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment