Friday, October 9, 2026

the friday feed: my grocery shopping husband

I am the primary grocery shopper in our home, but every now and then Todd decides he wants to shop for a specific item or two. His forays to the grocery store typically  result in finding some “really good deals.”

Last week, we needed milk, and Todd said he would go to the store to get some. Well, what do you know? There was a buy-one-get-one promotion going on. Oh boy.

We don’t drink that much milk. In fact, I don’t really like it. Many years ago, I poured myself a glass, took a big gulp, and it was sour. Ever since then, I refused to drink milk straight up. I put it in my coffee, and that’s about it.

So in walks my husband from his grocery-shopping adventure, pleased as punch with his find, and he gets the you’ve-got-to-be-kidding look from me.

“But the expiration date is October 18,” he says. “We can use it by then.” At the end of this week, we have consumed half of one of the half-gallons. So much for that.

With the weather getting cooler and fall in the air, I’m turning my attention toward soup-making. There’s a big pot of potato-leek soup in our near future.

And there's plenty of milk to make it!



No comments:

Post a Comment