Friday, October 31, 2014

I Have a 30-Year Old Kid {Milestone}

As a middle aged parent, milestones happen, but they become fewer and farther between. October 29 was a milestone. A big one. My first born child turned 30. 




And what did I do to mark this momentous occasion?

I wrote a birthday poem and posted it on Facebook!


It's October 29 and oh my wordy,
Today my first-born celebrates birthday #30!
The year was 1984 and in the morning wee hours at 3:46
A nurse place a baby boy in my arms, ahhh motherhood bliss.
Your favorite stuffed animal was Doggie the bear
And with you he went everywhere!
As a little boy your food tastes were a little bit picky
You really loved fish sticks and thought Grandpa's steak was icky.
Soccer was your sport, starting at the Y when you were 5
And playing through the days at Fairmont High.
Miles and miles we put on the cars
Driving to practices, tournaments and games...some were really far!
From your first day on the school bus to your move to Columbus,
You've made Dad and me proud, but I'm not going to gush.
Yes, your 20s are gone but 30 has begun
This is the start of plenty of new fun!

Thirty years ago
You forever changed my life
First born baby son







No comments:

Post a Comment