Monday, April 7, 2014

Grammar Nerd!


I am a 90% Grammar Nerd according to this chart...

1. Yes, I use standard spelling, capitalization, and punctuation when I text. The acronyms are acceptable but fml if I use "wut" for what, "u" for you, "ur" for you are or your, "y" for why, "2" for to, or "4" for for. It goes against every fiber of my grammar being! 

2. I may proofread my friends' posts but I keep my mouth shut, unless they ask for advice.

3. I effectively know how to use "affect" and "effect."

4. I have been known to correct poorly written signs. When I taught 8th grade, I corrected lots of signs that were hung in the hallways (and never got caught!)

5. Yes, posting a writing error online does mortify me. There are a lot of grammar nerds out there and someone will notice that glaring error. Always take pride that you're putting your best work out there. It reflects on you.

6. I do have an opinion on the Oxford Comma and I support its use.

7. This is the one that knocked me from a perfect score. I do not follow Grammarly on FB (even though this sign is from that page) and I don't tweet.

8. Double negative = scratching the blackboard. 

9. I do mentally correct publications while reading: typos and grammar errors jump right off the page!

10. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment