Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Treats {Ranier Cherries}

The stone fruits are here! The stone fruits are here!

Peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums, bing cherries, Ranier cherries...sweet, juicy tastes of summer.

With shopping list in hand, I went to Kroger. Even though there was no produce on the list, I passed through the produce department anyway. And my eyes fell on the bags of Ranier cherries, those sweet, tasty orbs, yellow and blushing with red, so sweet that they can be dessert all on their own.

I grabbed a bag.

Going through the self-checkout line, I punched in the Ranier cherry code, and 1 1/2 pounds of cherries rang in at $9.40. What? Did I type in the wrong code? Nope. These sweet gems of summer are $5.99/pound. This price is the "pits!"







Off to a good start!





No comments:

Post a Comment