Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rainbow Carrots

Alright, I'm on a colorful vegetable roll.

Next pretty veggie I couldn't resist are rainbow carrots. Call me a sucker on this one: organic, 8 or 9 carrots in a bunch, $2.59/ bunch. A little pricy, but hey, the things we do to satisfy curiosity!

So what to do with these gorgeous vegetables...hmmmm...well, first photograph them. Such a pretty subject with colors ranging from purple to red  to orange to yellow. And then the wispy green tops...so pretty!

I love roasting vegetables. It's so easy and the roasting brings out the natural flavors. Typically when I roast veggies I go savory with garlic, salt, and herbs. I broke out of my comfort zone with these carrots and went sweet. Orange olive oil and a vanilla cinnamon sugar made these beauties a real treat!






No comments:

Post a Comment